The UX Designer blends creativity and technical expertise into every member experience. This person will play
a key role in creating insight driven experiences that support ongoing business strategies, improves functionality within workflows and member channels across the credit union. This role must also be proficient in website design and code.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
25% - Design and develop ongoing improvements to all digital properties (website, microsites, digital banking) that ensures an exceptional user experience, and allows prospects to flow seamlessly through a natural sales funnel.
25% - Knowledgeable on the latest trends, techniques, and technologies. Monitor changes across competitors and other key industries to ensure we maintain an innovative experience that keeps pace with user expectations.
15% - Collaborate with cross-functional teams as a consumer advocate to provide actionable recommendations that affect the member experience. Creatively solve problems using data, research, concepts, mockups, journey maps and presentations for internal and external teams.
10% - Leverage predictive analytics, behavioral triggers, segmentation and other data sources to gather a holistic understanding of journeys across channels. Include other insights (e.g., social insights, Google Analytics, etc.) and metrics to tell the bigger picture of not just what users say they do, but what they actually do.
10% - Creation of webpages and custom graphics, designing user interface and overall experience as it pertains to navigation flow and page layout to optimize overall web presence. Follow digital style guides, design requirements, and brand identity standards.
5% - Make iterative content updates, following SEO and Information Architecture strategies and best practices. Review and test markup and code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices or operating systems.
5% - Manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
5% - Perform other job related duties as assigned.
1. Carry out assigned responsibilities with minimum number of errors according to established organization and department standards.
2. File and organize assignments, artwork and projects for easy reference.
3. capabilities and proactively suggest changes to current delivery and tools; participates in efforts to improve quality of web site and other electronic publications as required.
4. Ensures all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and
5. Analyzing large amounts of information and distill key points; distill key points and articulate outcomes with
confidence and clarity to key players.
6. Reinforce company culture by following First Service Compass quality standards, traits, and behaviors.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A degree in degree in a user experience-related field of design (creative, experience, visual,
etc.), Human-Computer Interaction or related discipline.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Requires a high level of problem solving capabilities as well as curiosity, self-motivation and adaptability.
- Requires creativity and innovation for finding new and more efficient ways of doing things.
- Requires excellent time management skills and the ability to schedule work activities to meet deadlines and accomplish goals in a timely and organized manner.
- Requires exceptional attention to detail that is evident in all of your designs and code.
- Requires effectiveness in communicating design and technical decisions to design and nondesign audiences.
- Requires strong work ethics and the ability to work with a fast-paced team.
- Must be passionate about your personal growth and learning.
- Requires a thorough understanding of color theory, typography, layout, branding, and iconography.
- Proficient in use and extended capabilities of Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Proficiency in the use of Google Analytics, Site Catalyst or other web tracking and analytics tools to understand the impact of their designs on user behavior and conversion rates.