Begin Building Your Credit
As part of our commitment to transparency, for each Secured Credit Card, we require a hold of 110% of the total limit. This provision is set in place to cover any potential over-limit charges, ensuring that the card usage remains within a safe boundary and aligns with our core system guidelines.
Benefits That Go Beyond Just Credit
Card Services FAQs
- Navigate to Make a Transfer under Transfers & Payments in the menu.
- In the first column, select the account from which you wish to pay the loan.
- In the second column, select the loan you wish to pay.
- In the third column, choose the amount you wish to pay and choose whether you'd like to make a one-time or recurring payment.
- Click Transfer Now to complete your payment.
It's easy to add an Authorized Signer within First Service Digital Banking. Simply follow these steps:
- Once you’ve logged in to digital banking, navigate to Manage First Service Cards, then Add/Remove Authorized Users.
- Select your card from the dropdown, then complete the form on the screen, and check the box to acknowledge the terms associated with adding an Authorized Signer.
- Click the Add button to complete your request.
You may file a dispute for any of the following reasons:
- Someone else used your card without your permission
- There was a billing error on your account
- You cannot resolve a billing issue with a merchant
Please note, disputes may only be made on a transaction made within 60 days of the statement date. A provisional credit will be applied within 10 business days.
Transferring a balance to your card is easy with First Service Digital Banking. Simply follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Transfer a Credit Card Balance under Transfers & Payments in the menu.
- Complete the required information about the cards you wish to transfer to and from.
- Click Submit to finalize your request.
When you open a new First Service Visa® credit card, six months with the 0% introductory APR period on purchases and transfers will be a standard feature of your account.
Once the introductory period ends, your rate will change to the standard APR (listed above).
There are no service charges or hidden fees for adding an Authorized Signer on your First Service Visa® credit card. Taking advantage of this feature won't cost you a thing.
An Authorized Signer is a person that has been designated as having the authority to make charges on your account.
When you add an Authorized Signer to your First Service Visa® credit card, we will send them their own card with their name on it and access to your credit line. They should receive this card within 7 - 10 business days.
To put it simply, credit cards are revolving lines of credit where a borrower uses what they need when they need it, and personal loans are lump-sum amounts that are paid all at once.
To better understand the difference between loan types, and to know when to use each, check out this article on our website.
2. Scroll down to the “Manage My Loans” section
3. Select “Credit Card Balance Transfer”
4. Complete the fields on the form and click continue.
The primary owner of the First Service Visa® credit card is responsible for all charges made on the account and interest accrued from those charges, as laid out in the card's terms. That includes charges made by an Authorized Signer.
Adding an Authorized Signer to your First Service Visa® credit card won't negatively impact your credit score or the credit score of the person you are adding. There is no credit pull required for either party. However, heavy card usage can diminish credit availability, which is a factor that influences your credit score.
If you are interested in improving your credit score, we have created a free guide to help you better understand what credit scores are, how they're calculated, and what you can do to improve yours over time.
1. Log in to digital banking
2. Tap on Menu at the bottom right of your screen.
3. Scroll down to the Manage My Loans tab and select Credit Card Balance Transfer.
If you’re on desktop, tap on the Loans tab and select Credit Card Balance Transfer under Manage My Loans. Here, you can transfer a credit card balance.