To maintain, modify and test changes to existing software programs and products. Uses modern software design methodologies and internally developed product specifications to create and enhance software products, components or modules.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
35% - Creates new design specifications. Writes new programs as directed. Maintains and modifies existing programs.
25% - Investigates program errors, tracks problems, debugs programs, tests results, and implements changes.
20% - Assists users in solving system problems and trains users in system operations.
15% - Carries out supervisory responsibilities for staff in accordance with the credit union's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and solving problems.
5% - Performs other job related duties as assigned.
1. Follows the Software Development Life Cycle and adheres to programming methodologies (i.e. Agile, Waterfall). Ensures that all internally developed code is written securely and complies with internally published coding standards.
2. Understands assigned user departments' duties, information systems, and underlying data, and successfully design and develop procedures, reports and extracts as requested in a timely manner according to department standards.
3. Research and resolve complex problems on assigned applications across multiple hardware platforms, software packages and programming languages.
4. Provide system support services on-site and via telephone during working hours and on-call after normal working hours by responding to calls or requests timely and accurately.
5. Demonstrate effective communication with users at all levels, understand various job functions and business needs, and discuss processing problems and project status.
6. Provide informed, professional, accurate service and support to all members and associates.
7. Troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, accurate manner.
8. Develop and maintain technical skill set by staying informed about new languages, techniques and systems and make recommendations for improvements or enhancements.
9. To maintain a highly qualified staff, sufficient to meet long-term organizational goals.
10. Accept individual accountability and responsibility for success of FSCU which includes meeting assigned goals/projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in Computer Science).
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Other Skills: Advanced knowledge of current design and programming methods, such as Java Script, AJAX, JSON, SQL. C#, ASP.NET, Razor, HTML5, etc. Must have excellent communication skills. Advanced leadership, communication, and organizational skills. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times. Must have a proactive attitude toward members, supervisors, co-workers and the credit union.