Credit and debit card fraud seems to be running rampant. First Service Credit Union takes all precautions and utilizes the most cutting-edge technology to protect our members’ information and assets.
Our Fraud Protection Methods
First Service has numerous measures in place to ensure that your account is safe from fraudulent activity.
- We maintain safeguards when mailing out cards and statements.
- We verify your identity anytime you call us.
- If we suspect fraud, we may ask merchants to verify your identity at the time of purchase.
- First Service constantly monitors your account for fraud and will notify you of unusual activity.
- We use state-of-the-art fraud prevention systems and technology.
- Visa® also provided added transaction monitoring for all First Service debit and credit cards.
- Our dedicated staff is available 24/7 if you have concerns about your account.
- First Service’s Zero Liability program protects you from unauthorized purchases.
Don’t give your credit card number over the phone unless you initiate the call and know the firm is reputable. Contact us if you suspect unauthorized use.
Stay Safe Online
When shopping online, always use a secure browser and look for security indicators like a lock icon or an “s” after the “http”.
Check Your Transactions
Be sure you receive your card and receipt after completing each transaction and always check the total dollar amount on the transaction receipt before signing.
Report Lost or Stolen Cards
Please report lost or stolen cards immediately by calling us 24/7 at 800.678.5197.
Learn to Spot Imposter Scams
One thing all imposter scams have in common is someone pretending to be a person you trust. Once the trust is established, they will convince you to send money. Learn how to identify and stop the scam before it happens to you.
Prevent Fraud While Traveling
Call us before traveling domestically or abroad to opt in to Travel Monitoring Service from Visa®. Rather than being automatically blocked, your purchases will be manually reviewed and we may call you to verify the transaction.
Prevent Fraud While Deployed
If you’re deployed, you may contact one of the credit reporting agencies to place a free “active duty alert” on your credit report and minimize the risk of identity theft while you’re away. These alerts are in effect for 12 months. A free “90-day fraud alert” is also available. Click here to find out more.
Visa® Fraud Alerts Program
We have partnered with Visa® to give you a near real-time view of the transactions conducted on your enrolled debit and/or credit card(s). With this program, you are in the driver’s seat with the ability to select the types of alerts and the threshold settings that will trigger personalized notifications. Some of the available types of alert triggers include:
- Single Purchase Equal to or Greater Than $X
- Card-Not-Present Purchase
- Purchase Outside of Home Country
- ATM Withdrawal
- Purchase Declined
- Accumulated Purchases Greater Than $X
- Merchant Type Aggregated Spend
- International ATM Aggregated Spend
Enroll online today if you would like to take your financial management to the next level.
Messaging frequency depends on account activity. For more information, TEXT HELP to 32874. To cancel fraud text messaging services at any time reply STOP to any alert from your mobile device.
For Fraud Alerts support, call 800-678-5197. By giving us your mobile number, you agree that Fraud Alerts text messaging to notify you of suspected incidents of financial or identity fraud.
HELP instructions: Text HELP to 32874 for help or call 800-678-5197.
STOP instructions: Text STOP to 32874 to cancel
Release of Liability: Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered to you if your phone is not in the range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within coverage, factors beyond the control of Verizon and T-Mobile/MetroPCS may interfere with messages delivery for which the carrier is not responsible. T-Mobile/Metro PCS does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered.
First Service Credit Union
VISA® is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association