Planning for the future is complicated. First Service Credit Union available through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (CFS), provides professional investment strategies just for you. Whether you’re just starting your journey or ready to cash out in retirement, we can design wealth management services to meet you where you are in life.
What We Offer to Help Meet Your Needs
We can help you make complicated decisions less complicated with customized financial solutions for every stage of life.
At this stage in your life, contributing consistently can have a significant impact. We encourage you to start early which can allow your savings more time to earn interest. Reinvesting that interest can help your savings grow quicker. Consider these tips for getting started:
- Establish a monthly budget. Be sure to include a cushion for the fun things you want to do.
- Build an emergency fund. Save 3-6 months of living expenses so you can be prepared for unexpected situations.
- Participate in retirement plans. Take advantage of 401K and pension plans offered through your employer. Opening a Roth IRA may also give you tax advantages for saving now.
Consider meeting with a CFS* financial representative to take charge of where you want to be in 20-30 years. Partnering with a professional can help you monitor saving progress, adjust as needed and introduce other savings options designed specifically for your goals. Consider these tips for staying ahead of your goals:
- Increase retirement plan participation. Make sure that you’re taking full advantage of employer-based matching.
- Review finances and life insurance options. Now is a great time to review your expenses to determine where you could be saving more money.
- While it’s a goal you’ve worked towards for many years, it can also be a time of considerable anticipation and change. Now that you are retired, you should have a plan for making your savings last for the long haul.
- Consider retirement expectations. Think about your expectations of retirement and the lifestyle that you would like to maintain.
- Work your retirement plan. Identify potential income gaps and determine solutions based on your goals.
- Take a health check-up. Make strategic decisions about social security benefits and health care needs.
- Protect your financial legacy. Ensure your savings are used how you intend by considering estate planning.
Meet our Financial Advisors
Our CFS Financial advisors are focused on establishing and maintaining client relationships wherever they are on life’s journey. They can confidently assist you with an array of products and services including:
- 401K Rollovers
- Retirement Planning
- General Investments
- Insurance Planning
- Mutual Funds
Mike Alexander CLU®, ChFC®, CASL®
CUSO Financial Services, L.P.
- Spring Cypress
- Park Ten Branch
- South Texas Project*
* Restricted Access
Financial Advisor and Insurance Agent**
CUSO Financial Services, L.P.
- Tunnel Systems
- Gulf Freeway
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (713) 676-4356 or e-mail investments@FSCU.com
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA / SIPC ) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including the possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. First Service Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members. CFS does not provide tax advice. For specific tax advice, please consult a qualified tax professional.
Financial Advisors are registered to conduct securities business and licensed to conduct insurance business in limited states. Response to, or contact with, residents of other states will be made only upon compliance with applicable licensing and registration requirements. The information in this website is for U.S. residents only and does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase brokerage services to persons outside of the United States.
** Fixed insurance products are offered through CFS Insurance & Technology Services, LLC.